Wednesday, April 30, 2008

06 REVIEW : ' Madam White Snake '



' Madam White Snake '

Cast : Lin Dai, Tu Chuan, Chao Lei
Director : Yueh Feng

Synopsis

A popular folktale about two snake spirits that transformed into human; one of them had married to a human who was her saviour in another life. They lived happily together until an abbot's intrusion ...

Another Huang Mei Opera blockbuster of the '60s with a stella cast and superb performances from all leads....

Rating : 4 1/2 stars of 5










1 comment:

Diane said...

My grandpa was a great story teller and one of the stories he told me was "Legend of the White Snake". When this movie was made, I told myself, I should not miss it. SB really did well with movie, the background, music, casts were all top rated. Now that I own a DVD of this movie, I have watched it many times and everytime I'm fascinated by the story ! Lin Dai, Chao Lei, Tu Chuan were perfect for the casts.